This build is for those who want to see Hydroid’s true power. While he excels at crowd control, adding Power Strength boosting mods also makes him a ruthless killing machine, much like the pirate he’s meant to look like. This build is great for protecting a defense objective (vs melee and infested units at least) or closing off choke points on maps where it is beneficial. This build leaves 2 slots and 8 points open for forma options.
Tentacle Swarm and Undertow deal “Finisher” damage, which bypasses resistances. This is a key component to his damage, as it will scale up with Power Strength without any drawbacks. Range only affects the area in which the abilities are cast, so less range means more focused attacks.
|Sprint Speed||–||Knockdown Recovery||–|
These are the core mods required for an optimal build.
- Narrow Minded/Continuity – The core mods to increase duration for all abilities.
- Intensify/Blind Rage/Transient Fortitude – The core mods to increase damage.
- Energy Siphon – The must-have Aura mod to help with the already-low energy pool.
- Fleeting Expertise – Counteracts the efficiency reduction from Blind Rage.
- Narrow Minded – Offsets the duration reduction of Fleeting and Transient Fortitude
If the Warframe is forma’ed, optional mods allow for a wider mod selection and different preferences.
- Flow / Primed Flow – Increases energy reserves. Highly recommended.
- Vitality – For survivability purposes.
- Pilfering Swarm – Anything affected by Tentacle Swarm drop twice as much stuff.
|Tempest Barrage: Costs 23.75 energy and lasts 7 seconds, dealing 284 damage per impact during the duration of the skill.|
|Tidal Surge: Costs 47.5 energy. Provides mobility. Deals 852 damage to enemies you pass by as impact or at the end of the travel distance as slash.|
|Undertow: Costs 14.25 on activation and 1.9 energy a second. Deals 71 damage per second. Not all that impressive for damage, but it does give you additional damage while you get some time to recover shields.|
|Tentacle Swarm: Costs 95 energy. Spawns 12 tentacles that deal 852 damage on initial cast, and 568 damage per second afterwards as finisher damage.
- Amazing crowd control.
- Tentacle Swarm and Undertow’s damage ignore armor.
- Relatively High damage output.
- Increased casting cost for abilities, unable to cast Tentacle Swarm more than once in a row without Flow.
- LOW energy reserves.
- Requires energy orb drops to be sustainable in solo play, and Energy Siphons in team play.